Thursday, March 26, 2009

Produce Pilferer

I came into the semi-dark kitchen to find Madi crouched at the table, an ashamed look on her face. The look is completely transparent. It proclaims, "I've done something wrong, and you're not gonna like it!" My mind began reeling with the list of possible destruction that she could have accomplished in the brief time that I had been out of the room. So, it was with great relief that I noticed that she was munching on a long stalk of celery. In fact, the whole bunch of celery was on the table. She had absconded celery without permission, treating herself to a pre-breakfast snack. Only when she noticed the slight smile on my face, did she reveal her other contraband, a slightly munched on apple. Yes, it is frustrating that she helps herself to the fridge and climbs on counters to swipe fruit, and even more frustrating when we find half-eaten pieces of fruit lying around the house (or moldy fruit hidden in her play kitchen). But you gotta love her choice of snacks!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger