Friday, August 1, 2008

Oh Rats!

I thought it might be therapeutic to detail our rodent adventures since I'm not doing so well with the whole thing. Here's the summary:

A. I have an irrational fear of all rodents.
B. There is a veritable zoo of rodents living in our attic, including a live squirrel!

These two truths are not meshing very well.

The pest control guy that our landlords hired said that there were too many entry points to count, and that his company would turn down the job because it was too much for them.

I've tried to find some humor in the situation. It's scant, but there is a bit:
A. The pest control guy showed me the difference between squirrel and rat poop (let me know if you're interested).
B. Matt carries a 70 pound dog up a flight of steep, narrow stairs each night in the hopes that Richard will protect us.
C. Sorry, that's all I've got...I told you it was scant.

So, we'll almost surely be breaking our lease, and the whole mess will probably end in a lawsuit. Please let us know if you know any attorneys who might be lenient with their fees. Thank you!

I'm searching for a lesson to come from this whole thing, but the best I can come up with right now is "Before signing a lease, make sure your landlord is fluent in English (or that you're fluent in his native language...in this case Polish)."

No comments:

Powered By Blogger