Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Continuing Saga of the Rat House

We will be homeless as of next Saturday. The last 48 hours have been filled with high drama in the saga of the Rat House. I never thought that I would be contemplating homeless shelters and/or camping out for an extended period of time, but these thoughts have crossed my mind. I don't mean to trivialize the plight of the homeless. There are certainly people on the streets with nothing and nowhere to turn. We have plenty of material goods as well as many people whom I hope would take us in. Ours is a homelessness born out of contractual difficulties rather than poverty. Nevertheless, we must pack all of our belongings, move them to storage, and find a place to stay for a couple of weeks. We have 7 days to do this, all while a ferocious hurricane threatens to complicate matters further. Oh, the twists and turns of this Rat House!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger