Monday, February 4, 2008

Book Reviews

My second installment of book reviews...

I am America (And So Can You)- Funny, but not quite as funny as The Colbert Report. Definitely an amusing read though. I tried to read the Jon Stewart book too, but it was a bit thick. Maybe another time.

Mozart's Sister - Surprisingly, I'm developing an affection for the historical novel. I really liked this book, though it was disturbing. It turns out that Mozart had a sister who was a musical prodigy as well, but once Mozart came along, she was kicked to the curb. I'll never look at (or listen to) his music the same way again. The only challenging thing about the historical novel is that I'm not sure how much of the story is true and how much is fiction. I guess I really should read a biography of Mozart to get the scoop. But I don't really feel like reading a biography right now. Does anyone know anything about Mozart? I've already thought about watching Amadeus, but I'm not sure how accurate that is either. Anyway, I do recommend the book. Good read.

1 comment:

jenniffier said...

amadeus is one of thad and evish's favorite movies; apparently meant to be pretty accurate. also, i see you are wearing my lovely apron :)
also, don't forget to read "the kite runner." also, sorry i missed you today.

Powered By Blogger