Sunday, January 20, 2008

Raw Food Bars


So, I'm excited about my new culinary venture... making raw food bars. They're like Lara Bars. But Lara Bars and Organic Food Bars are so expensive! I'm trying to make the snack more cost effective. In order to do that I really need to get bulk dates, but this is a start. Here are a couple of recipes that I've made. It's really easy to tweak them. Also, I'm not anal about the raw thing because chocolate chips are tasty! Here's a blog with more detailed instructions and lots of combinations http://bunnyfoot.blogspot.com/2006/02/homemade-lara-type-bars.html

Super Yummy Raw Bar
12 dates
3 TBS peanut butter
1/3 C coconut
1/3 C oats
~25 almonds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 TBS honey
handful of chocolate chips

Blend in a food processor. Add the chocolate chips at the end so they don't get too smashed. Smash it all into a big rectangle and refrigerate until firm. Then slice into bars. Yummy!

Key Lime Pie Bar
18 dates
1/2 C coconut
1/3 C oats
~18 almonds
lime zest
splash of lime juice
splash of tequila (why not?)

Same deal as above. And more yum.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger