Friday, June 1, 2007

A Common Criminal

Caleb has turned to a life of crime. We went to Hobby Lobby today, and he grabbed various items as usual. He dumped patches into our diaper bag, wore one of their hats around the store, hid out between the rolls of fabric, and knocked a couple of fabric rolls to the floor. Overall, it was one of our better trips. But a couple of hours later, I felt something odd in the sling. It was a tape measure - stolen from Hobby Lobby! Somehow Caleb had thrown it into the sling or maybe he gave it to Madi and she dropped it in the sling. Now, how am I going to get the thing back into Hobby Lobby without revealing that we're a family of thieves?

1 comment:

ethan.and.noahsmom said...

Ah, yes...been there...except I accidentally did the stealing. I had something in my hand and was walking to the front to pay for it, but I was in deep conversation with a friend and walked right out of the store. She didn't notice I had taken anything either. I was so embarrassed when I got home later that I asked Nathan if he'd go back and pay for it claiming his idiot wife had accidentally walked out with it. I asked him what they said when he got back...he said, "Nothing, I just walked into the store right up to the counter, paid, and left." Nathan has a great way of simplifying things I feel the need to overexplain. Back then...in your case I probably would have gone into the store and apologized way too much making an idiot of myself. These days I'd probably just take it back in the way it came out...in the sling. If you shopped around a bit first you could just put it back as you are putting away all the new stuff Caleb has nabbed :)

Powered By Blogger